I made this over the Summer when I was having fun experimenting in the kitchen to come up with a light lunch alternative to salad. Using a vegetable peeler I created noodles out of a large cucumber and tossed them with leftover salmon and oriental flavours such as toasted sesame oil, seaweed flakes and chilli. This is one to really have fun with and customise to your heart’s content.
Cucumber Noodles with Salmon – Serves 1
- 1 large cucumber (don’t waste the lovely small ‘lebanese cucumbers’ on this, a nice large cucumber is best!)
- leftover cooked salmon (poached/pan-fried/baked – I bake my fillets with a little olive oil, turmeric and black pepper at 200C for about 14 minutes depending on size).
Flavourings to experiment with:
- toasted sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- chilli flakes
- seaweed flakes
- garlic infused olive oil
- chopped fresh coriander/chives/dill
- chopped spring onions
- fresh chilli
Optional serving suggestions:
- sliced avocado
- a boiled egg
- green salad leaves like rocket and spinach
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin of the cucumber and discard. To create the noodles, simply peel long flat strands of cucumber flesh working around until you reach the water seeds which you can discard.
- Place the noodles in a bowl and toss through the oil and various seasonings. Flake the salmon and stir through.
- Eat ASAP and enjoy!
With Love, Spice and Smile,
What a great inspiration – love it and will definitely try it out!
Thank you! En-JOY 😉